Why miss your teeth when custom solutions are readily available? Dental implants make beautiful smiles a reality.
What To Expect
Your smile is huge part of the first impressions you make in the world, and having a beautiful smile can enhance your quality of life. As one of the main focuses of Infiniti Periodontics NYC, Dr. Li provides dental implants at our office in New York, New York, so you can enjoy having a functional and visually stunning smile.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a replacement root for a missing tooth. It is constructed of biologically compatible metal, often titanium, and it provides the foundational support for the implant restoration, which is the visible part of your new tooth.
- Permanent: Dental implants are made to mimic teeth roots and provide a permanent solution to missing teeth.
- Long-Lasting: Because dental implants are fixed into place, they are designed to last.
- Seamless: Dental implant restorations are custom tailored to your mouth and match your smile.
- Time Commitment: While the procedure itself is relatively quick, most patients require preparatory treatments beforehand and experience long recovery times.
- Initial Cost: Though dental implants have become more affordable than ever before with the expansion of modern techniques and technology, the initial cost for the dental implants may seem daunting, despite paying for itself in the long run.
Types of Dental Implants:
- Single Dental Implant: If you only need one tooth replaced, a single dental implant may be the solution to restoring your smile.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: If you need multiple teeth replaced, you may benefit from either an implant-supported bridge (replacing multiple missing teeth in a row) or an implant-supported denture (a fixed oral appliance that replaces the whole bottom or top dental arch). These restorations can have two, four or six implants placed.
- Immediate Implants: These implants are placed directly into your mouth after tooth extraction and may reduce recovery time depending on your dental needs.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with periodontist, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with us below.